“Where’s Ollie?”

Love is truly something.

What we may fail to understand is how powerful an urge it is for all of God’s creation.

We all crave love and sometimes the pain of love is too much to handle.

I thought of all of this when I got home yesterday afternoon and was greeted at the door by Miller.

He was going off!

If he could speak he would’ve asked:

“Where’s Ollie?”

At least a hundred times.

I fielded a work call a half an hour after I walked in the door and the guy asked:

“What are you doing to that cat?”

I laughed - “He misses the dog. Ollie needed surgery to fix a damaged saliva gland. Miller wants to know where the hell he is.”

And then…

…Ollie was carried in the house by Jake (who is like a worried mother).

Miller ran right over to him.

Licked his buddy.

Stayed at his side as Ollie settled into his dog bed.

It was pretty awesome.

Pure love and adoration between a dog and a cat.

It’s going to be a long couple of weeks around here.

Ollie is going to be more awake tomorrow or the next day…

…and he’s going to want to play.

He can’t.

He’s on the disabled list for two weeks.

I don’t think Ollie realizes that yet, but Miller knows, and it’s hurting his heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie