“I’m Alive!”

For nearly 40 years I’ve been going to Springsteen shows. I’ve never once walked out and not believed that what I’d just seen was unbelievable.

But man, Father Time is undefeated and I thought:

“He’s 73. Has to slow down a little.”

Not at all!


One song after another. The band as great as they’ve ever been. Bruce just tossing away his guitar and playing another hit.

I looked around a lot.

So many smiles.

Thousands of people on their feet dancing.

There wasn’t anyone worried about ticket prices or politics or even sitting down!

And the show’s message was simple:

“Enjoy the moment.”

And it was a relatively new song, ‘Ghosts’ with the chorus of:

“I’m alive and I can feel the blood shiver in my bones. I’m alive!”

Bruce singing and pumping his fist and smiling and dancing.

My buddy Pops and his son Nathan were upgraded to amazing seats.

My nephew John sang every line of every song and his smile was so wide.

“That one gave me Bruce bumps,” he mentioned at one moment.

And by 11:00, my voice was gone and my back ached.

“That was the fastest 3 hours of my life,” John said.

He won’t ever forget it.

What a night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie