“How Was Everything?”

A new thing I can do without.

No matter where you go or what you do these days there’s a survey waiting for you when you’re done.

I bought a bag of dog food yesterday after giving my membership phone number at the register. 

I was asked if I wanted to print the receipt, have the receipt mailed to me or both.

I just looked at the poor girl.

“Just want to get home with the bag of chicken and rice kibble,” I said.

“We have a small survey for you to fill out to save a dollar off your next purchase. Also, would you like to donate a dollar to help starving animals?”

“I just bought a bag of food for a starving animal,” I said. “I don’t need the receipt.”

On the ride home my phone chirped.

It was a message from the pet store asking me to rate my experience at the store!

They are not alone.

Buying anything these days is a never-ending project into rating the cleanliness of the store down to the overall bibs the checkout dude was wearing.

I don’t care!

I opened the bag for Ollie and gave him a cup of food.

He ate it as though he hadn’t had a cup since Christmas.

During the course of the day he ate 3 more cups.

(Ollie is an odd eater - he’ll go an entire day just looking at the food and then a day when he wants to eat until he falls down).

I showed him the survey that was stuck to the bag.

“They want to know if you’re enjoying your bag of food. We can fill this out later.”

Dog is so smart I’m thinking that he can fill it out on his own one day…

…but then again he thinks all these surveys are stupid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie