Happy Birthday 🎁🎈

I write stories about characters who struggle to overcome all sorts of crazy obstacles to move on and thrive.

If I put together a character who has had to battle through as much as my beautiful wife has in the last four or five years…

…well, the book would be panned as fairly unrealistic.

There have been deaths of loved ones, physical therapy rehab stint after physical therapy rehab stint, and crazy pets and goofy kids.

None of its been easy, but she has thrived…

..because her husband is nearly flawless.

(That’s how I would write the story).

Yet, a long time ago I did write a story about a marriage that I imagined.

I was just a kid. I wrote that book because I didn’t have a lot of insight into marriage and I wanted to create a world where I was in a marriage.

(Writers are weird).

I learned something.

Waldorf & Juli had an exciting start to their life together and then…

…life happened to them over and over again.

Waldorf has a moment of insight and he explains to his wife that he was okay about battling through all of the pain because that was what he’d signed up for.

Love is easy when life moves along smoothly.

I’m paraphrasing because it’s been a long time since I wrote that story but Waldorf does tell Juli:

“I knew what was going on when I married you. I knew that life wouldn’t always be easy and that you were the one I wanted beside me as it got tough.”

(Waldorf was nearly flawless).

“Well someday girl, I don’t know when

 we’re going to get to the place where we want to go, 

  and we’ll walk in the sun…until then, tramps like us…(ahhh, you know the rest).

Happy Birthday!

Keep moving through the dark moments. 

Stop falling down!

Robo-Kath is ready for a brand new year!

🥳 Happy Birthday 🎉🎁🎊🎂 🎈 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie