“Wakey, Wakey”

The saying is, “Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey.”

Around here (because of the great show, ‘My Name is Earl’ we say:

“Wakey, wakey, hands off snakey.”

And through the years there have been reasons for not being able to sleep.

When the kids were young, of course, I’d be up before work to watch cartoons with them. When there was a chance to rest on the weekends, up I would be watching ‘Barney’ or a cartoon with a rhino. He’d sing a song about feeling ‘Rhino-riffic.’

Kathy once famously called and how it was going:

“Rhino-f***ing riffic,” I exclaimed.

I don’t have much use for alarm clocks. I’m usually awake at the same time each day, and only set an alarm if I need to make a flight.

Now I have another alarm:

Miller.

He knows what time I’m usually up and lately he’s been calling me a few minutes before I’m supposed to get moving.

If he could talk he’d probably say:

“Wakey, wakey, hands off snakey!”

He goes off until I invite him up on the bed and say, “Good morning, Miller.”

I bring this all up because Miller wasn’t aware of the time change (which I absolutely hate every time), and he was yelling for me to get up before I wanted to.

So, life goes on, a never-ending quest to feel rested.

And we have laughed at that Earl to Randy line for about 20 years now.

“Hands off snakey!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie