Who’s Your Quarterback?

Was having a conversation with another semi-old guy about sports.

I’m of the opinion that the professional sports of my youth were much better - product wise than what we are today.

I used to love the NHL - can’t watch that anymore. Can’t even name more than 25 players.

The NBA?

I keep up with it, but haven’t watched a full game in decades. I only follow it to talk shop with the boys.

MLB?

Still my favorite sport, but the shift and home runs or strikeouts have slowed the game way down.

The NFL seems scripted to me.

But, still we all watch…

…and what has ruined all of it…

…is ever hearing about the salaries of the players.

The quarterbacks make $40 million a year.

And they are all changing teams!

When I was a kid the Bills had Joe Ferguson. He was there forever.

This Bills team has a good, young guy who should be here for awhile, but man!

Did you see the DeShaun Watson debacle?

He hasn’t played at all since 2020 because 22 massage therapists said that he acted inappropriately.

He also didn’t want to play in Houston anymore so he orchestrated the trade to Cleveland and he also got a new contract out of it.

A hefty raise…

…except for year one when he will make a tiny million dollars.

The contract is structured that way because he’s going to get suspended and didn’t want to “lose” much cash as he pays for his sins.

Rodgers got a couple hundred million.

Wentz, Ryan, Watson, Mariotta, Darnold, Tyrod, Fitz, Wilson and more…

…will all be on new teams.

This isn’t your Dad’s NFL.

“I sound like an old man,” I told my buddy, “but sports were better when we were kids.”

“You are old,” he said.

Touché 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie