Happy Birthday, Carrie!

The highlight of 2021 was heading down to Virginia and spending time with my sister Carrie, my new brother-in-law, David and their beautiful kids…

…and I think of this today because Carrie is celebrating her 50th birthday!

Which is insane.

I remember where I was when Mom and Dad left us with Grandma and Grandpa Schryver so they could head to the hospital for the delivery.

I mostly remember it because our neighbor put a walkie-talkie in our ditch and hid behind a tree and talked to us.

I still haven’t figured out how that worked, but we were all enthralled.

And then, just like that, we all had a baby sister!

And Carrie has always been a great one!

She’s funny, brilliant and has always been my writing buddy.

She’s done an amazing job as a Mom too and I miss seeing her every day as we did growing up on the big house on the hill.

So, if you can, reach out to my beautiful, wonderful sister!

50 years old.

You’re halfway home!

We love you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie