Playing Dress Up

This may come as a great surprise to you, but I’m not what they call a ‘snappy dresser.’

My sister used to call me Oscar Madison saying that I could dress in the most expensive suit ever made and that as soon as I put it on it would look like I slept in it.

I wear jeans and a tee-shirt every day. The jeans look dirty and there may or may not be a stain on the shirt.

I’ve worn a tie and dress pants maybe 5 times in the last 10 years.

The tie is of the snap-on variety.

I take it off as soon as I can.

Now, I bring this all up because the Ukraine leader, Zelenskyy spoke at length yesterday. It was a terrific speech that showed unbelievable leadership during a time of horrific loss, and heartbreaking tragedy.

An American politician sent out a tweet that criticized Zelenskyy saying:

“Would it have been that much of a hassle for him to put on a suit and tie?”

What a tone-deaf moron, huh?

But the guy isn’t speaking in a vacuum here. There have been a lot of recent complaints about how casually Americans are now dressing since the pandemic hit.

People went home and worked in their sweatpants,

Playing dress up has seemingly lost its luster.

Obviously I was way ahead of the curve on this one, and there’s no way that I would take a job that would require me to wear a coat and tie.

My first real job required a tie.

That’s when I bought all my snap on ones.

I have a bunch of other ties that were tied back in the 90’s - I never loosened the knot - if I have to I will slip one over my head.

I do wear collared shirts now and again…

…on the golf course.

“Excuse me, can you tuck your shirt in?” The ranger mentioned to me when I was in Florida.

I did, but how stupid is that?

Who could I possibly be offending if my shirt comes untucked?

I get that some people need to dress the part. I argue that I do as well.

Construction guys love to see a man in a suit and tie and pretty French shoes enter the site.

They suddenly tip over the tub of mortar or spray the fireproofing around haphazardly.

Dousing a douche in a suit is a fun game.

Should Zelenskyy have dressed up????

HELL NO!

He’s in a war zone!

Fighting with his countrymen for the very soul of the nation.

He was dressed perfectly.

A tee-shirt and jeans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie