Anyone Mention the Gas Prices?

My God!!!

The mention of the price of gas is everywhere and yeah it sucks, but a few facts:

 -  It’s global.

Gas prices are double in Europe, way high in Norway and Canada. 

Meanwhile oil companies are making record profits.

- There wasn’t a pipeline shut down 

The pipeline everyone wants ‘reopened’ was never operational.

- Taxes, taxes, taxes.

Gas would be about .50 a gallon cheaper if the taxes weren’t added on.

State and federal taxes.

- Gas was cheaper in 2020!

There was no demand!!

People were home.

Oil companies lost a lot of money.

Gas prices are based on speculators working hard to make as much money as they can.

Do they care if you pay $3.30 a gallon or $5.00 a gallon???

Of course they do!

They want you and me to pay more!

What do they care???

The money not in our pocket is in their pockets.

And when does it end???

Who knows!

But I do know that it hurts me too.

And it hurts you.

And we hurt each other…

…arguing about it…

…as we attempt to find simplistic reasoning to solve complex problems.

I know one thing to be true:

It sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie