The Peacocks!

My bracket sucked.

I was essentially dead when Auburn went belly up and I also fell for the Gonzaga gag and choke again.

So, we settled in last night to watch St. Peter’s against Perdue.

Every year a team makes a run and somehow makes it to the sweet sixteen.

Then it ends and the big boys battle it out.

I was soundly behind the Peacocks from Jersey City after seeing a photo of their gym next to the Kentucky gym.

And the excitement is contagious for sure. The little guy versus the big guy.

The only thing in my wonderful sports career that rivals it was when me and some buddies formed a softball team for a one pitch tournament in our little hometown.

It was a single elimination tourney and we had a dozen hungover guys. I wrote out lineup on the back of a paper bag, and we won games 1 and 2 early in the morning.

Then we went and got some beer and our excitement and confidence grew.

There were other teams who came from a long ways away. They had uniforms and fancy equipment. 

We just kept on winning.

Our pitcher was fantastic.

I couldn’t make an out.

And man, we had a blast.

Our Cinderella story ended when our star pitcher got ejected from the game for arguing a really bad call.

I hope that doesn’t happen to St Peter’s.

In fact, they only need 3 more wins to capture the title…

…that would be insane…

…so insane that I read about a bet taken at Caesar’s.

$2,000 on St. Peter’s to make the final four.

It pays $800,000.

They’re one win away.

The whole world is rooting for that guy to get paid.

Me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie