Sniffles

I don’t get sick.

I say that often, and it’s been a full two years since I had anything resembling a cold.

Last time I had one was at the very start of Covid, and I, of course, imagined that’s what I had. 

Never got tested and for over whatever it was in a couple of days.

Or did I?

Over the last two years, I’ve lost my voice quickly whenever I talk for a little while at a training session.

Rough days ahead because:

I woke up with nasally cold symptoms and I have to do a lot of talking in the next 3 days.

Of course, the mind instantly drifts to Covid.

We have tests here, and I’ll take one if this isn’t cleared up by the afternoon. I have zero respiratory issues though.

But you wonder.

Airports and airplanes are still 100% masked.

Which might be good anyways because if the seats get any smaller we are going to be sitting on the lap of someone we’ve never met.

I was trying to sleep on a short leg and I couldn’t because the guy beside me was reading and every time he turned a page his elbow brushed my side.

I couldn’t be mad at him. The guy just didn’t have enough room to hold a book and turn a page!

It’s that cramped.

So, perhaps masks in that situation isn’t the worst of ideas.

But it’s tiresome.

I’ve worn the mask right along but I don’t want to wear it anymore…

…but as I felt the nose stuffing up I did feel as though I’d rather not pass it along.

Covid or not…

…feeling under the weather isn’t fun.

But I also thought about the fact that I haven’t had even the hint of a cold in two years.

One of the construction guys said, “Yeah, everyone is a little sick. So nice to be passing colds around again.”

I didn’t think of it that way.

Stay healthy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie