Unutterably Weary & Tiresome

There are a lot of people self-medicating. 

There’s way too much rage.

Life is unutterably weary and tiresome and I often wonder why.

When did politicians become people that we rooted for and against?

Why is there such a massive divide?

I thought of all that because I woke up on Wednesday feeling as if I was in a horrible funk because I’d had a long, drawn-out political discussion with a friend.

 It was painful.

I don’t often get down, but I was definitely there…

…thinking about stupid politicians yelling stupid things from their stupid seats as the president spoke.

Tiresome.

The war in a faraway land can certainly drive one down and I considered the refugees leaving their homes behind to escape sure death.

How does a man give a command to blow up a building containing civilians?

Hell is a wonderful concept when considering such a final resting place for such a “leader.”

I don’t enjoy being in such a funk, and I usually escape it by making a list of tasks and then performing them.

We all need to feel productive and worthy.

What else can be done when the blues come calling?

Music is a big pick me up, and very often I will put on a Stones record and turn it way up.

And of course, I am reminded that:

“This too shall pass.”

Read positive stories…

…find videos of dogs and pigs and bears…

…stay clear of being an American who fights with other Americans over politicians who don’t really care.

It ain’t worth it.

Life is too short.

One last thing:

I carry a golf ball in my car. I pick it up and bounce it in my hand, thinking about how far and straight I’m going to hit it once I get a chance.

And then I smile.

Finally.

There are moments when life is an uphill climb and seems to be utterly tiresome.

Roll with it.

It’ll come back around if you let it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie