The Patient is Home

Kathy has a brand new hip.

Man, it’s going to be a long rehab for me.

The best part of all was that we were able to rejoice as she was finally discharged. There isn’t a whole lot of hustle involved with some of the tasks, and I truly feel bad as the hospitals are full, the hours are long, and sick people can be mean.

Kathy spent years as a nurse so I thought she would be a little more patient as a patient.

It doesn’t always work that way, I suppose when there is pain involved, but talk about pain tolerance!

Kathy went 9 days without putting her foot on the floor, and she kept insisting that it was either a muscle pull or a pinched nerve.

I finally insisted that she go to the ER.

An x-Ray shed light on the problem, and then the fun began.

Surgery was delayed for a little while.

Then it started and they explained that it would take a couple of hours.

Give or take a few.

“She’s in recovery and you can head up there in a half an hour.”

I got there and two security guards showed up.

“You have to leave! Covid restrictions. No exceptions!”

I explained that surgery just ended and they explained that I could stick around for 15 minutes.

Most of the nurses I met were harried and impatient.

Over the 3 days it cost me about $40 in parking. A coffee cost me $4.00 and I had the pleasure of watching a girl spend about 11 minutes pouring it.

Never saw anyone move slower.

So, it’s good to be home…

…onto rehab.

Kathy is good…

…pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie