I Miss Uncle George

There’s no way that the Mets spending spree would’ve gone unanswered.

I listened to Max Scherzer’s press conference as he spoke about the Mets having a spring training home near where his kids would be as a major reason why he decided to go there.

The $43 million a year had zip to do with it, right?

And it’s weird to see a team like the Rangers spend $561 million in one day…

…as the Yankees sit there…

…without a shortstop or first baseman.

Thirty years ago, the Yankees would’ve dominated this past week.

My brother used to call me and ask what I wanted Uncle George to buy me for Christmas.

There was always something under the tree!

And of course, the Yankees will have a shortstop and a first baseman when the season starts.

(It’s all up in the air though, as right now, the owners are trying to tell us that there’s no money in the game and the players are pretending they’re underpaid. A work stoppage could be deadly!)

The thing is, the Yankees won from ‘96 through ‘00 without having to ‘buy’ much. 

Those teams were filled with kids who all got great at once. That’s hard to do.

Sometimes a present or two is required.

The Yankees may swoop in and do it all in one day:

Think Correa and Rizzo/Freeman or Story and Olson/Freeman.

All will be forgiven…

…but since Uncle George passed, Cousin Hal has been preaching fiscal responsibility.

He doesn’t worry about the money when a hot dog, beer and ticket runs $200…

…but I get it…

…we all have bills to pay.

Okay, I don’t get it!

Open the vault.

Christmas is coming!!!

How can I be an obnoxious Yankees fan when we are suddenly behaving like the freaking Mets!

Waaaaaaah!

I want a World Series Championship!

I’ve only seen 7 celebrations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie