Brandon Thing

It’s been a few months with this “Let’s Go Brandon” thing, right?

I don’t know how it started, but I heard long ago that it meant, “F**k Joe Biden”.

Which made little sense to me; so I ignored it.

Figured that it was so juvenile that it would just disappear. I mean the basis of it seems like it was developed by a couple of 5th graders.

Then I saw it painted on signs outside of houses that still have blue and white Trump signs instead of the American flag waving.

Confusing.

I never once thought about wearing a tee-shirt with the photo or slogan of a politician on it.

Seems too much to me like rooting for a sports team. Political stars on shirts and bumper stickers and barns and houses.

Too cultish for me.

Seriously odd.

But, I can’t ignore it anymore, I guess because some dope said “Let’s Go Brandon” to the President after the president wished the guy’s kid a Merry Christmas.

That’s not even 5th grade…

…more like 3rd grade.

Biden did the absolute right thing.

He ignored it.

It simply should be ignored.

We are stuck in the middle of a pandemic that has killed a great many people.

There are economic challenges, and great divides.

Some of the arguments being made on either side are good for balance in this country, but more and more there’s a wondering about what some of the arguments are on one side of the aisle.

What are they standing up for?

Guns? Religion? Pro-life? Anti-cancel culture?

I don’t even know anymore.

Yet, when you say something as infantile as:

“Let’s Go Brandon”

After the guy wishes your kid a ‘Merry Christmas’…

…well…

…it should be ignored.

Instead, the dude is being hosted on all the big shows on the right.

How much dumber can this get?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie