BILLIEVE????

This was supposed to be the year when the Bills finally got it done.

They were beat in the AFC Championship game last year, and Tommy won another one, but they were ready!

They looked horrible in the opener, but then ripped off four straight.

They were back on track!

Have gone 3 & 4 since then and are sitting at 7-5.

Worse than that they’ve played some real stinkers, including losing at home.

Where my sons (and my nephew) have been thoroughly disgusted by the effort.

On Monday night the wind was blowing, the rain was falling, and the Bills put 9 in the box to stop the run and New England ran it down their throats.

“Are you going to renew your tickets next year?” I asked Sam.

“Absolutely! You gotta’ BILLIEVE!”

I laughed.

“Doesn’t it make you mad when they lose?” Sam asked.

“I’ve been waiting for them to win since 1969,” I said. “I’m no longer emotionally attached.”

“That’s sad,” Sam said, “I’ll never give up.”

“Think about this…the year is 2056. The Bills have still never won one. Your kid comes up and mentions, ‘This is the year!’ What do you say? Remember, you have suffered through all the empty years.”

“Let’s go, Buffalo!” Sam said. “That’s what I say!”

I laughed again.

God Bless!

“You get Tommy on Sunday,” I said.

“He might be gone by 2056,” Sam said.

He might.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie