Lazy Sunday

Sam had a huge agenda for Sunday.

Villanova, the Bills and a new episode of Dexter.

“I need at least one win, and I know Dexter will be great.”

Then I asked Kathy what pasta I was doing and she said: 

(Get this!)

“It’s a 4:30 game, why don’t we do something different? You can do appetizer junk food.”

Huh. No pasta on a Sunday?

Well, to be fair, I had it on Wednesday and again on Saturday for lunch (My buddy Big Al and his beautiful wife Jen set us up with dinner on Saturday!)

So, I got to planning it out.

Pizza of some sort, chicken wings, chicken wing dip, sliders, Buffalo chicken logs.

Why not?

And then the boys, one-by-one said that they were watching the game elsewhere!

As for the games?

Sam took a loss on the ‘Nova game, and the Bills started horrifically.

I’m a Tom Brady fan so the kids weren’t texting or talking to me…

…until the Bills started coming back.

And to be fair, I thought it was an exciting, well-played game and Josh Allen played his heart out…

…but when Brady’s team won…

…we changed the station, ate a couple more wings and promptly forgot about it.

But man!

The boys came hard for the refs!

The NFL has a problem reffing their games. Calls are wildly inconsistent and with so much betting going on…

…well, there was a lot of “it’s fixed” talk going on.

“The league wants Brady to win!”

I laughed at that one…

…I’m not sure anyone not named ‘Brady’ ever wants to see Brady win again.

At the end of the day, I was tired.

Not sure why…

…pretty lazy day.

At least Dexter was good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie