Don’t Look Up

Leo, Streep, Jonah Hill…

…about a comet ☄️ striking the Earth and obliterating all of life.

There’s a 6-month warning.

“What would you do if there was only 6 months left?” I asked, as we watched the movie.

“Nothing,” Kathy said. “What is there to do? Maybe all kinds of drugs.”

I laughed.

As the movie showed, there would be mistrust.

Disbelief, anger, and fighting.

A chase for who could make the most money off of the destruction, and half the country fighting the other half over whether or not science means anything.

And then we would all be blown to smithereens.

But the point of my question.

What would you do differently if the world were to be blown away in 6 months?

If we all got that advance warning I’m certain that life would be an absolute mess.

Mayhem and murder and drunkenness and stupidity.

Would they still finish the sports seasons?

Would the churches be busting at the seams?

“What about you?” Kathy asked.

“I’d eat well,” I said.

I would also hang out with the people I like. Would certainly play some golf.

But it’s an odd concept. 

We all seem to live like our lives will gone on forever. 

If we were suddenly made aware of the end of days we wouldn’t believe it until the comet was right on top of us.

Are we hurtling towards such destruction?

I was just watching the movie, and before it was even over, I was made aware of the fact that it was about Covid and the misleading of the public there, or more directly about climate change.

“It’s all lefty garbage!” Someone announced on Twitter, and there you have it.

We’d battle until the bitter end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie