Text Messages

A bunch of text messages have been read for all to hear. Of course, they were provided to Congress by the chief of staff who was using a personal phone for texts and emails.

Aren’t there people who chant “lock her up?” for something like that?

Anywhoha…

…this isn’t political.

I was just thinking about what might happen if my text messages suddenly became available for all to read.

Wouldn’t be pretty!

I have a few buddies who I keep a running conversation going all day long.

Those can be a tad crazy.

We make fun of each other for high school loves and crazy nights of mad parties.

We’ve seen each other in all sorts of degrees of intoxication from a long time ago.

The two guys in that thread have wicked memories, and they are not afraid to embellish.

Then I have another buddy who also keeps a regular thread going. He knows my immediate thoughts on current events. We also trade stories of gossip about all kinds of people we’ve known. Nothing malicious, mind you, just staying on top of things.

My texts to my boys and my nephew usually involve sports, and Tom Brady. They don’t care for him, so, of course, I send them every single stat and remind them that Tompa just beat Buffalo.

All to garner a response.

My beautiful wife?

There’s the usual “What’s up?” stuff, but there are also plenty of disagreements solved.

Some things I’ve learned about texting?

1). Don’t correct others grammatical errors - they hate that! I find it hard to resist when the text says something like: “Your an idiot.”

That’s “You’re.”

That pisses people off.

2). Don’t text back when you’re pissed off.

Learned this the hard way. I try and yell my immediate response to the interior of my car…

…wait at least 30 minutes…

…and then hide my rage in a more measured response.

3). Read the text before sending it.

Auto-correct will change things.

“Peanut butter” once became “Penis Butter” when I was answering what flavor ice cream I wanted.

I read them over before hitting send now.

4). Delete the off-color gifs or memes that people send to you.

Politically correct is usually the way to go…especially with some of the nasty stuff that gets sent around.

5). Don’t text and drive!

Man, who would’ve thought that would ever become a thing - it’s an epidemic - can’t say I never do it - I do try and toss the phone away from me.

Hard to do all the time!

And they say that all texts are saved somewhere.

God help all of us if they are ever made public.

I hate texting, by the way.

I would’ve been perfectly happy had my phone stayed on the wall at home as I headed out into the world…

…but here we are.

Text carefully!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie