Reflections

It’s automatic.

I get to the last two days of the year and I start reflecting back.

2021 was another very uneven year because of Covid, and because work was uneven and at times haunting.

I had to deal with fatalities again, and those truly take the steam  out of what the job should be. It’s all about prevention and when the worst of all things happen, well, it takes it out of me a bit.

I released two books.

‘The Barking Lions’ was so much fun, from beginning to end. I wrote it quick, the publishing wasn’t difficult, and the reviews were great. Then it won a couple of awards to cap it all off, but it was a story about friendship, and man, it was great to walk back to the camp site, to the ball fields and through time.

Proud of that effort.

I also released a book that I wrote as a tribute to the guy who beat Penile cancer. Dave’s battle was inspiring, and his wife, Carolyn’s devotion, was the heartbeat of the telling of their story.

The writing was great in 2021.

The rest was way uneven!

The Yankees won 92 games and I didn’t enjoy many of them because they should’ve been better!

We golfed a little less than we did in 2020, and I hit it good again and had a day for the ages.

I posted the lowest score I’ve had since 1982.

An 80. No mulligans, re-hits or moving the ball even an inch. Every shot was true. A few long putts dropped. Just magical.

I still don’t know how that happened, but for a few hours, I was truly focused and could do no wrong.

As I write this I feel a little sadness because I honestly don’t know if I can do it again.

There’s no reason why not. I’m still young enough, but man, thinking back, it seemed so hard to do!

Somehow I lost 16 pounds.

I’m at the lowest weight I’ve been at since 1986. I lose a similar amount this year and I’ll be under 200.

That seems impossible as well.

The family health was way less than uneven. Kathy needs to get healthier.

Mom entertained us on Christmas, but I’m always worried for her. And for my father-in-law as well.

Watching parents age is not for the weak.

The animals?

They dominate my evenings right now.

It’s like having new born babies.

They need to slow it down!

A weird year. 

It’s now almost in the record books.

So many questions as we move forward.

What will 2022 bring?

Fearless predictions tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie