Crazy Fans

I sound like an old man now, but man, I don’t get it.

It was 28 degrees here on Sunday and a chill wind made it feel like it was about 10.

I headed down Abbott Road to drop off Jake and his girlfriend  and I saw all the fans hanging out, drinking beer, standing in front of grills, and throwing a football.

For the Bills against the Panthers. 

A game that was never truly a contest. 

Going in, everyone knew the Bills would win!

Just before the half I got a text from Jake:

“Can you pick us up at halftime?”

I saw their approach from a long way away. They looked absolutely miserable!

Jake’s face was frozen.

They got into the warm car.

“This was the best decision ever,” Maggie said.

“Oh hell yeah. It was miserable.”

Then they ate pizza and wings and laid under a heating pad. We watched the 3rd quarter. Spotted a man in the crowd with his shirt off! His face was painted to match the Grinch!

“That’s a grown ass man,” I said, and Kathy laughed.

The guy had grey hair!

“It would cost at least $5,000 to get me to sit outside to watch that,” I said.

That’s not even as bad as seeing thousands sit in the rain for a game between the Jaguars and the Texans.

Those two teams are 2 and 10!

Why???

Why would someone pay $100 to sit in a cold rain to watch two teams who will be on vacation in 3 weeks?

I used to go to the games when I was my boys ages.

Not sure what would ever make me step foot in a football stadium again.

Free tickets to a super bowl that the Bills are in?

Maybe.

If the weather is 75 and sunny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie