The Greatest Gift

My Mom gifted rings that belonged to Dad to me and my brothers.

I put the ring on and I don’t intend to take it off.

Until I gift it to one of my boys.

The inscription reads:

From: L.J.F. To J.C.F. - 07/03/61

And when I slipped that ring on my finger I thought about all the love that ring was a symbol of.

The crazy dinners, the laughter, the life lessons, the joy and the heartache.

A whole lot of living goes into sixty years.

And Dad, of course, wore the ring proudly and he put everything he had into his jobs as a husband and a father.

Christmas Eve raced on by and I sat and watched my 3 boys as they opened gifts, traded barbs, and laughed and ate.

They are a product of the love that is symbolized in that ring. What I know about being a Dad…

…part of the ring.

How I learned to be a husband…

…yeah…

…the ring.

Perfect gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie