Whoops

Traveling is a nightmare again.

They are redoing the Kansas City airport and the biggest hassle to come of that is the eternal bus ride from the rental car facility to the terminal.

I got on the half-crowded bus pretty early on in the trip and the driver was pulling to the curb every 50’ to add more people.

In a matter of minutes we were packed in like sardines. Masks were on, but some didn’t cover noses, and let me tell you, being that close to so many people was bringing me anxiety.

I stood and held on as we made our way forward when suddenly the bus lurched and the guy directly in front of me made contact with the bag that was on my right shoulder.

The bag slipped and made contact with my forearm, which wouldn’t have been a big deal, but I was holding a water bottle (which I squeezed in the impact) and squirted all over the front of the guy’s shirt.

Two things happened:

1). He got pissed!

2). I laughed out loud as the kids say.

When those two things happened, two more things happened.

1). He got more pissed.

2). I got the giggles.

Luckily I had a mask on because it hid some of my glee, but make no mistake, he knew I was laughing as he stumbled back and wiped at his shirt as if he’d been bathed in acid.

“Sorry,” I finally choked out. “It’s just water.”

That brought the rage on his face down a bit, but he said:

“Trying to be careful would be helpful.”

Laugh.

Laugh.

Laugh.

(I was bracing for a punch).

“Dude, you hit me.”

He shook his head and turned his back to me.

Good thing.

Cause I couldn’t stop laughing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie