Miller Ain’t Happy

The rain was coming down hard and cold on Saturday morning.

I opened the back door and the cat just stood there, watching the water circle the drain.

Miller looked up at me, and I got his message:

“Are you freaking kidding me with this shit?”

He let out a long, drawn-out meow that was borderline yelling.

“I’m not making it rain,” I said.

There were more loud protests that seemed to remind me that we live in a place where 8 months of the time the weather isn’t great for heading outside and sitting by the fence as the birds and squirrels play.

“This is supposed to be the fun time!” Miller screamed as he bounded back up the steps.

And I know the frustrating feeling of watching it rain for what seems like the 50th straight day.

Miller isn’t the only one with problems…

…streets are flooded.

Idiots who are trying to drive through standing water are wondering why their cars won’t move.

Golf courses are closed!

Or will be so wet that a drive will just stick.

Things are supposed to brighten this week…

…we can all rent a combine to cut our lawns.

“Geez,” Jake said, as we sat down to watch the baseball and then basketball games last night. “Everything is either flooding or burning all across the world. We don’t have 30 years left before the whole place blows up.”

Miller ambled by and gave us another long bitch about being cooped up.

Poor guy.

He needs some sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie