Safe Travels

I’ve always had to travel a few days a month for work.

Back when the kids were young it was a huge deal. I would call to check in - especially before cell phones were all the rage - and I’d leave the name and number of the hotel room.

There were always calls before bed that stretched out with me talking with each of the kids and the being it with:

“Make sure you behave!”

Now?

I’m not sure anyone knows I’m gone.

I usually text with each of the kids during the course of a regular day…

…something about sports or how their day is moving along.

Yet, as far as what town or hotel I’m in?

No one has any idea.

Back in the day, I would wonder what they were all doing and pray that they’d get into bed without too much trouble.

I would feel guilty! Knowing that Kathy would be struggling through a 3 to 1 battle.

The battles have given way to relaxed nights watching television, eating well and getting some rest…

…for all of us.

Safe travels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie