Eat the Filet

For quite a few years now, spurred on by a construction guy I know, I buy a scratch-off on pay day.

Usually it’s a donation to the great state of New York, but I had a run a couple of years ago when I won $20 or $50 a few times.

I gave the tickets to the boys.

Well, this week I was on my way to the grocery store to figure out something for Saturday dinner and my mind was on steak.

I bought the lottery ticket first and was shocked when I won $100.

It was definitely going to be steak, but I also found some filets so I not only bought the strip steak, I also tossed 4 of the filets into the cart.

Seasoned and marinaded them and then added potatoes and Bowman’s corn to complete the meal.

Now, my boys love steak. They have eaten a truckload of it through the years.

“What kinda’ meat is this?” Jake asked as he popped a bite of filet in his mouth.

“Is it good?”

“It’s ridiculous,” he said.

They brought their completely empty plates to the sink.

“We should have that more often,” Sam said.

Yeah.

If we actually won the lottery we’d have it every other night until our arteries hardened up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie