Busting Balls

 In a whole bunch of television shows they will show two men talking to each other about their feelings.

One guy might say something like:

“I really love her, but she doesn’t seem to get me.”

I’ll laugh.

“What?” Kathy will ask.

“Guys don’t EVER talk like that,” I’ll say.

“How do they talk?”

“We bust balls! That’s about it.”

And on Saturday, I spent a lot of time doing just that with a bunch of my Syracuse friends at a golf tourney.

“That was horrendous,” I said to my cart mate after he hit an errant shot. 

He laughed.

The one thing you never want to hear after hitting a lousy shot is how bad it was.

At one point he said, “You’re the first teammate I’ve ever played with who I’m openly rooting against.”

“So you don’t want me to get a hole in one?” I asked. “It would benefit our team.”

“Oh, hell no!” He said. “You won’t ever shut up about it!”

As luck might have it, I made a long birdie putt on the very next hole.

He groaned when it dropped.

“Here we go,” he said. “Now he’s going to tell us how great he is.”

That’s how guys talk!

And we laughed a lot.

We mentioned our family lives and covered that in all of three minutes.

It certainly doesn’t mean we don’t care about each other, we do, but if I would say:

“I love her, but she doesn’t understand me sometimes,” I would be laughed off the course.

From the beginning of time until the end of time men will relate by making fun of one another.

And there’s nothing better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie