Inconsiderate?

Are people becoming more rude?

A few examples:

1).  I had the green light. A relatively young man who wanted to cross the road caught my eye.

I waved him through.

That son-of-a-bitch couldn’t have possibly walked any slower.

Aggravated the piss out of me.

2). Also in the car, I was behind a man who couldn’t have been less interested in driving his vehicle. We were in the city so I had to follow him from one red light to the next. He stopped at the lights all right, but he was so engrossed in his phone that he couldn’t get going when the light turned green.

I didn’t beep at him as we waited for him to go through the first green light.

Didn’t beep at the second one either.

I finally beeped after he stuck me a third time.

He flipped me the bird.

A moment later, a small bag of garbage flew out the driver’s side window.

Not sure he was throwing the garbage at me, but he may have been.

3). We were behind a 4-some on the golf course a couple of weeks back.

We waited patiently as they got down on one knee to read their putts as if a major were on the line.

We didn’t worry too much about having to wait for them to clear the green for 10 holes straight…

…but I saw one of the guys look back at us, waiting patiently to take our turn…

…and they ambled off the green as though they were strolling through Central Park.

“They know we’re waiting,” I growled.

It crossed my mind to hit it at them.

Of course, I didn’t.

Yet, all three incidents made me wonder:

“Are people more rude now than they used to be?”

There have been hundreds of raging people screaming about masks, gays, race. You can call up any number of people simply being rude.

Americans actually spewing hatred for other Americans based on what they believe.

But make no mistake, people were also rude in the days before everyone had a camera on their phones.

I just wonder if it’s worse now.

I broached the subject with Kathy.

“Oh, yeah. No one gives a flying s*it for anyone anymore.”

That may be a tad harsh, but I certainly feel that compassion is lost.

Change it up.

Be nice.

Even when you don’t want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie