Another Round?

There are very few signs of the pandemic out there anymore.

I saw a woman in a mask at the grocery store and I kind of did a double take.

Not many masks left.

Halfway through the afternoon I read an article about Los Angeles County reinstalling the mask mandate.

Covid cases have increased by 500% in that neighborhood.

And just before dinner I received an alert that the Yankees-Red Sux game was postponed.

I thought about rain, of course, and was already bitching about the 7-inning double header.

I barely got through that thought when I found out it was because a whole bunch of Yankees players had tested positive…

…right through vaccinations????

Which makes the whole thing a huge mess.

Vaccinated people are at risk?

I know, I know…

…you can still get it, but it is less severe.

Then you hear about the Delta Variant.

And all the people refusing to get vaccinated.

A whole bunch of disconcerting stuff.

“I don’t want to wear a mask anymore,” Jake said. “Why doesn’t everyone just get the shot?”

And I can’t answer that question for him.

I did speak to a guy on the job site about it.

“I’m NEVER getting it,” he said. “Did you?”

I told him that I had. I mentioned that I see a lot of people and that I have people around me that would be in a world of hurt if I gave them Covid.

“You can still pass it,” he said, and I suppose that’s true, but the people who are compromised have also received the shots. 

We all have a level of protection.

“Then why are you worried about me getting a shot?” He asked. “I don’t want it.”

“If we were all vaccinated we would be done with it,” I tried.

“Why would I care who it kills?” He asked. “It’s not killing me.”

“What if it does?”

“I’ll take my chances.”

So, there you have it.

A sample of why we are where we’re at.

We are going to be back wearing masks again.

Just a matter of when.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie