Four Days Off

 I had lunch with a buddy yesterday afternoon and I was walking away he called back to me:

“Geez, you look awful.”

“What?”

He mimicked my walk and laughed.

“Sciatica!”

“Get it under control!”

So, I’m on it.

Going to take 4 straight days off (I hope).

Now, I also would like to golf 2 out of the 4 days, but I can do that and still get the legs back under me.

But I’ve always kind of enjoyed the lead up to a long weekend.

Everyone is in a great mood.

Cookouts, sunshine, fireworks, family, yard work, and rest.

There were a bunch of younger guys on the last job I visited yesterday afternoon.

They were talking about drinking and putting on a fireworks show.

“Safety there too,” I said. “Don’t come back with stumps.”

They laughed, but man, there will be a story in a newspaper near you.

Wasn’t it just a few years ago when a young kid died after setting off a fire work on his head.

“No drinking until the show is over,” one of the kids said. 

I started to limp away.

“The safety guy is limping!”

So.

I got the message.

Get off my feet a little in the next 96 hours.

Of course, Miller needs to get the memo and allow me to sleep until at least 6 a.m.

Have a great weekend!

Rest, relax, have a little fun…

…don’t blow off any fingers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie