Suddenly

There is suddenly a mad push in GOP circles to get people to realize the importance of getting vaccinated. 

McConnell put out a statement begging his constituents to get shots in arms.

Hannity suddenly believes in the science.

Steve Scalise, who was very vocal about not needing the vaccine, has publicly announced that he suddenly got it.

Why?

The stock market plunged, and the love of money is always a factor, but some of the “Get Vaccinated Now” chatter started before that.

Could it be compassion and empathy?

I almost made myself laugh there!

There has been a lot of angst in major media circles regarding how dangerous this virus is…

…but that never swayed the group mentioned above before…

…I don’t think they’re compassionate.

So, why?

The thought of what might be behind it actually makes my stomach churn a little.

Before the collective ‘we’ knew about Covid, the so-called leaders were briefed on how bad it could be.

They didn’t believe it at the start of 2020.

I think that perhaps there has been another briefing based on this Delta Variant…

…and that it may be, perhaps, especially deadly to unvaccinated people of all ages.

Dead people can’t vote for you.

Fox has bailed on some of the anti-vaccine rhetoric.

McConnell, to be fair, has consistently came down on the side of getting vaccinated, but he was definitely treading lightly so as to not alienate the anti-vaxers.

Now, suddenly, almost to a man…

…they believe the science.

(Except Rand Paul, I’m guessing, who lives next to a really smart guy).

I hope I’m wrong and that they’re all doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.


Sorry.

Went away for a minute cause I was laughing.

But…

…bottom line:

Get protected!

Even the leaders who cover that base are telling you it is necessary.

They must, suddenly, know the reason why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie