💥 Fireworks 💥

They set off fireworks 🎆 at the Bills Stadium.

I could’ve watched the show from my backyard had I cared to.

I asked Kathy if she wanted to head out to watch.

“No.”

Sam was home in time after a shift at work.

“Want to watch the fireworks?”

“Nope.”

But it was a good day.

I stopped off to give Mom a copy of ‘The Barking Lions’ and she grew teary-eyed when she saw the jersey number and Jeff’s initials.

“When did you do this?”

“It came together quickly.”

A little yard work and then ribs with stuffed peppers. Buffalo Mac & Cheese and baked beans.

We ate good.

The Yankees have been a sore spot lately, but midway through the day I figured out that I was being chided by:

A Mets fan - they last won a series when I was 21 years old.

An Orioles fan - come on now! They’re going to lose 100 again this year. They’ve been the armpit of the league for 20 years.

A Twins fan - The Yankees have won about 100 of 110 against them over the last five years.

So I set off a few fireworks.

Reminded folks that I’ve seen quite a few championship teams.

Further reminded that I have zero control

And finally reminded them that their own favorite teams…

…will never catch the Yankees.

Still, to be honest, it’s disappointing that this year’s version of the Yankees is tough to watch.

I recall Righetti throwing a no-hitter on the 4th of July.

Back in the Mattingly days the Yankees didn’t win any titles but they were always interesting.

Hell, the 4th was Uncle George Steinbrenner’s birthday!

Will be a long summer if they don’t turn it around.

“You deserve all of it,” a good buddy reminded me.

True.

So, bring it…

…but I may fire back!

Now, about the fireworks that get set off in neighborhoods…

…can’t we get that to stop?

I have an elderly dog - she don’t like it.

I’m gaining on becoming elderly - I don’t like it either.

Miller the cat?

He don’t care about the stinking fireworks…

…but he hates the Mets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie