Twenty-Seven Years Ago

The last time the Buffalo Bills were 7-2 was November 15, 1993.

They actually lost that day to the Steelers 23-0 to fall from 7-1 to 7-2.

It was in the middle of the 4th straight year that they went to the Super Bowl.

We all know how those played out.

Yet, back then, everyone knew that they were very good. 

People around Buffalo wore shirts that said:

“We’re back. Deal with it.”

The people around the nation were actually sick of seeing the Bills in the super bowl.

Imagine that.

They’re 7-2 now.

I don’t know if they’re any good.

They looked great on Sunday.

How have things changed since they were last 7-2?

I wasn’t married back then. My week centered around who they were playing that week.

I played a lot of Sega hockey, drank quite a bit of beer.

I lived alone - unless you count my two birds - Bruce & Patti.

I was certain that 1993 was finally the year that they brought it home.

Josh Allen wasn’t yet born.

I was 29 years old.

And it’s funny, but I looked through the schedule from ‘93.

I remembered some plays from some of those games.

Especially the playoffs.

I sat in the last row of the stadium that year to watch the Bills beat the Chiefs (and Joe Montana) to advance to that final Super Bowl (where they got thumped in the 2nd half).

That’s the second last playoff game they won.

Through today!

Is this the year that streak ends???

My boys believe so.

I don’t know.

I certainly don’t schedule my life around their next opponent now.

Haven’t played a video game in about 15 years.

My kids are old!

“We’re going to the super bowl!” Sam cheered on Sunday night.

Yeah.

7-2 gives you that feeling!

The Bills make me want to shout!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie