Stray Thoughts

 1). I nailed Thanksgiving dinner.

For the first 45 years of my life we ate our Thanksgiving meal at Mom and Dad’s. Over the last 10 or so we have been at my brother’s home. This year, it was on me. I’ve made plenty of meals over the years, but was ready. Jim talked me through brine for the turkey and the stuffing that I craved.

And I nailed it.

“That’s a lot of work,” Kathy said.

“Was fun.”

“You’re weird.”

2). Trump is truly looking pathetic now. His team of expert lawyers has yet to make an argument - but through it all he has not wavered. He keeps saying that “soon” there will be mountains of evidence.

It’s so pathetic. Then, he took a break from golf to talk to the troops - in the middle of the night for the troops - and they sat him behind a tiny desk that I first thought was a fake photo. Twitter did it’s thing and I’m sure that he was furious about it.

Funny thing is, I don’t care. Just go. He wants credit for the sun coming up in the morning, wants zero blame. The entire act has grown tiresome. 

Take your tiny desk and storm off.

3). The “Hoax” is a real mess now. The news is a cautionary tale. “Stay home.” “Stay protected”. 

That simple message has turned into a political battle. I saw GOP senators posting their Thanksgiving photos, sans masks, speaking of freedom. Ted Cruz posted a “try to take my turkey” photo, like the tough guy he is.

He wound up kissing the ass of the man who called his wife a dog, and claimed that his father killed Kennedy.

Hard to take a man like that serious.

And Little Marco? He also stood on the shoulders of the huge orange man.

I just wonder how those ‘shisters’ (as my Grandpa would’ve called them) reinvent themselves when Trump is but just another loudmouth on Twitter. 

Again. 

Don’t care.

4). They’re talking mid-50’s for Sunday.

Golf on 11/29?

In Buffalo Freaking New York?

Maybe!

If not, you’ll see me around the stuffing bowl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie