A Winter Like Weekend

The dream of another bonus round of golf ended about mid-day Friday when I caught a glimpse of the weather report for Sunday.

Heavy rains and high winds - 50 to 60 mph? That would result in some crazy drives.

So, I had no reason to rush out of bed. Melky is still hanging around and was sound asleep next to me, Paris was on the floor, but Miller wasn’t in the chair he usually sleeps in.

I woke about 6:30. Didn’t leave my bed until 8:30.

Received news of a loss of an old friend due to Covid. Also, received a phone call from a client - one of the guys I’d talked with mid-week had tested positive.

There’s heavy virus all around.

Thought about dinner. Sauce was ready. Lasagna for a change.

Listened to the wind howl.

Animals had no interest in going out. Thanksgiving warnings are being posted.

Stay home!

It was a tough day to get fired up...

...but hey, the Bills were on!

The entire mood of the people of Western New York went up considerably when the Bills scored a touchdown for a comeback victory!

We thought!!

Hopkins ruined that with an unbelievable catch as time ran out.

Kathy and the boys took it much harder than me.

The thing that got me about the entire day was that time moved rather slowly.

Kind of the way time has moved all year long.

Uncertain and a little off.

Everything just out of whack.

Covid just hanging there like a cloud pressing down.

Taking down a lot of people.

Killing Americans, stressing the hospitals, closing businesses.

“So, what is the procedure for having been around someone who has tested positive?” Kathy asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Do you have to quarantine?”

“No idea.”

“Are there tests available?”

“Not really.”

And I just don’t know!

Tests are needed for schools and healthcare people. 

Everyone moving around, by now, has known someone who has tested positive, or been sick, or has been hospitalized.

Now we are all, unfortunately, thinking about someone who has died.

It’s going to be one strange winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie