Bah!

I got the phone call from one of my clients. I appreciated the information, of course, to let me know that one of the men who I’d crossed paths with...

...had tested positive.

I wondered about the rules. I’d been quite a ways away from that guy, but I had talked extensively with his work partner...

...who had shared a vehicle with patient #1.

“Should I quarantine or go for a test?” I inquired.

“Maybe see if the second guy tests positive,” I was told.

So, what I did was worry, and I fell down the stairs and my knee was painful...

...so I stayed clear of everyone and waited for his test to come back.

“Positive,” he said.

Now there is no discussion.

A test. 

Quarantine until the results come in. 

Pray that I don’t become part of the ever-growing stat line.

And therein lies the difficulty of all of this.

I’m certain that there are people out there who are finding out that they’ve come into contact with someone who has tested positive and has blown it off.

I’m even more certain that there are people who have traveled, and skipped the mandatory rules of re-entry.

“I gotta’ work,” I said, almost immediately. “I’m probably negative.”

“You aren’t taking that chance,” Kathy said, acting like my conscience. She was already on the phone looking for a place for a test.

“I have to sit here until the result comes back?”

“Yep.”

“Bah!”

Then she sealed the deal.

“How many people would you see if you just went about your day? 

Twenty? 

Thirty? 

Then how many would each one of them see? 

Twenty? 

Thirty? 

Then what happens if it comes back positive?”

“Yeah. Yeah.”

“You see the people on the news getting intubated? 

Hear about the deaths? 

Want to be responsible for even one person getting sick.”

“I know!”

Then an hour later.

“They’re gonna’ stick that swab up my nose until it touches my brain,” I said.

“What brain?”

That’s what I’ll be dealing with.


... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie