Death Count

CNN has a death count for the number of people who have died from COVID-19.

Now they’re running a count of how many people who have died TODAY!

I had the television on in the mid-day and the count was at 377.

Couple of hours later it was around 660.

I changed the channel.

Thought about the impact of even a single lost life. 

Ironically, I had a rough day as I had to interview employees who were onsite when one of their coworkers suffered a fatal accident.

Not a good day.

There was so much heartache and pain on display and every man there spoke about how they were crushed and may never be able to get over it.

I also learned of a few more people that I’ve known...

...who died of Covid-19 away from their loved ones.

And then I watched a family in Utah (where hospitals are filled to 91% capacity) yell that the whole damn thing is a “lot of shit” when they were ejected from a restaurant for not wearing a mask.

“Every life is precious!” They scream on other issues...

...with this one it appears that the rallying cry is...

... “Ah, well, the people who are dying have lived enough.”

And I know that the vaccines are on the way...

...and I also know that a whole bunch of people will ignore the rules and gather for Thanksgiving and then a whole lot more will get sick...

...and continue to spread it.

And the death count will rise.

And they’ll count them on television.

And a large portion of the population will shrug.

Until it hits their home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie