Happy Birthday, Brother!

My brother John is 57 years old today.

Old bastard.

I was flashed an image today of us on the swings, trying to fly high enough to flip the swing set.

That was our goal.

Some 53 years ago.

There was the time we got a brand new television set. The Lakers were playing the Bucks - Wilt versus Kareem. We were both cheering for Wilt.

That was 48 years ago.

What a ride it’s been. We shared a couple of texts about Ali-Frazier - I remember watching those fights together in the late 70’s. We were both rooting for Frazier.

That was 43 years ago.

The Yankees, the Bruce shows, the beers, the weddings, the baseball, basketball games.

“What’re you doing tomorrow?” I asked.

“It’s 2020. Not much.”

I know he’s having pasta and that it’ll be great.

Wish that we could all get together.

I wish him a great day, filled with some entertainment.

We swung high in the air all those years ago.

Didn’t flip the swing set (Thank God)

But we tried.

We love you, brother.

Happy Birthday 🎂 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie