The World Series

So, it took me 6 games to finally watch.

I had caught a couple of at-bats of the first five games, but I certainly wasn’t excited about watching Altuve, or Bregman or any of the Astros do something positive.

I was absolutely thrilled when the Nats won the first two, but I had no dreams of a sweep.

And the Astros came roaring back, winning all three on the road.

So, how did I get roped in to watch Game 6? I mean, I certainly didn’t want to watch the Astros celebrate.

But I was on a plane.

The game was on without audio.

Bad news:

By the time I landed the Astros were up 2-1 and Verlander was in my face. Then I landed.

By the time I got to my car (with my bag this time) the Nationals had grabbed the lead and their great young player, Juan Soto had carried his bat to first base to answer the cocky bat-carry of Bregman.

Then all hell broke loose.

A throw hit to first resulted in a terrible call that really screwed the Nationals.

And I don’t know what’s going on in sports, but it really seems like the umpires and the officials in MLB and the NFL are bad.

Just bad.

I think it’s grown progressively worse since replay.

And MLB umps have never been anything but nasty. They search out the problems and even when they’re wrong they stand their ground.

The call made zero sense as the runner was running in a straight line...

...anywhoha...

...their minds were made up and they didn’t change it after the review...

...and I was angry!

If that was to cost the Nationals!!

But as my kids say, the ball don’t lie...

...Rendon hit a 2-run homer.

And that’s the difference between baseball and football. There was a horrible call in the NFL that cost the Saints a super bowl berth as the Rams ran out the clock by kneeling to end the game.

There’s no kneeling in baseball. You have to get all 27 outs.

Setting up an epic Game 7.

And getting us one day closer to free agency.

And April.

When the Yankees are back in it.

Hopefully the umpires go to spring training.

Baseball is over.

Damn.

I’m sad!

Now I need my cousins Hank and Hal to go out and sign me some pitchers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie