Handsome Bastards


“Dress warm, boys,” Scotty texted at 7:15 on Sunday morning.

“I’m wearing shorts,” I sent back.

But we all felt a sense of loss...

...would this be it?

I took the dogs for their ride, it was brisk. I wanted to cry. Golf is over for the year???

Maybe not!

By the 7th hole, the jacket came off and I was actually sweating.

Not a cloud in the sky and the course was in great shape.

But it’s golf!!!

I had about a 9-minute stretch where it looked like I’d never played before.

Then I parred two straight.

On a par 3 I hit a dribbler.

“Try it without a tee,” JC said.

I did.

Put it within 10’ of the hole.

Played both balls.

Made the putt for a birdie...

...two extra shots on the other ball...

...took the higher score...

... and lost to Pops!

He hit the ball great...

...had a long putt for a birdie on 9.

We all audibly cheered when he hit it. The course had eaten him up earlier in the year.

This was the group that played together this year.

In years past there were a lot of great friends involved...

...some go camping now!

Love them all!!

Thing is...

...it’s 4 perfect hours each week. The sun on my face.

After my 9-minute mind meld I hit a long, straight perfect drive.

“How does that happen?” I asked.

“It’s golf!” Pops said. “It drives us nuts!”

Come on!

One more week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie