Birthday 🎁 Season!

My birthday celebration starts 3 days early because today is Jeff Renaldo’s Birthday!

Happy Birthday, buddy.

Bills are 4-1, Sabres are undefeated and we’re still here!

Thing is:

I’m turning the old double nickels this year and I just can’t get over the fact that I can get a break on a freaking ‘Moons over my hammy’ sandwich at Denny’s.

The senior citizen discount!!!

I made it.

Fifty-freaking-five.

And Jeff just celebrated his 34th wedding anniversary.

When I heard about Jeff & Kathy’s Anniversary I thought about the night before his wedding.

We were young!

He was getting freaking married!!

We had a couple of beers and I asked him:

“Are you nervous?”

“Yeah, I’m freaking nervous!”

What did I know about giving marital advice???

My longest relationship up to that point was about 3 days.

“Do you love her?”

“I love her a ton,” Jeff said.

I remember that answer clearly because I’ve thought of it a lot through the years, and I knew he was good right then and there...

...and man,

“We played king of the mountain out on the end, and the world came charging up the hill and we were women and men, and there’s so much that time and memory take away.”

But here we are.

Mid-50’s!!

Three dollar breakfasts are within our reach!

Let the Birthday season begin!!

And one of these days I’m gonna’ not be able to golf on Sunday morning...

...so I’ll swing out and watch the Bills.

(Or maybe not).

We watched 4 Super Bowls together and they didn’t win any of ‘em!

Happy Birthday, buddy.

Wanna’ go to Denny’s?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie