Let’s Recap

Mellencamp has a line in one of his songs:

“Sometimes life is just too ridiculous to live.”

Saturday night:

The Yankees are down 4-2 in the 9th. DJ hits a 2-run homer to tie it. The pip squeak unties it in the bottom of the 9th and the Yankees season ends.

Okay.

I can handle that. I had a tee-time!

But noise around the house woke me just an hour later and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Wound up sleeping about 4 hours, but hit the ball really well.

I can still do this!

Flight was leaving for Kansas City just four hours after I walked off the course for the last time in 2019. Our favorite course was closing for the year!

Lost the Yankees and golf all in 8 hours.

The flights were cramped, bumpy and long.

I arrived in KC at 10:00 and got to sleep at midnight.

Out of bed by 6 a.m., went to two large projects and got back to the airport to start the journey home. I wrote the long reports in the airport and put my computer in my roller bag.

Boarded the plane.

“We don’t have any room for your bag,” the flight attendant said.

I bent down to take the computer out.

“We don’t have time right now as a lot of our customers have connecting flights. I’ll take your bag and it’ll be waiting for you in Buffalo.”

As I was giving it to her I was thinking:

“No way my f***ing bag is there.”

It wasn’t.

Went to the counter.

Now it’s after 11 p.m. and my attendant at the counter couldn’t have possibly cared less!

“You don’t even throw in a ‘sorry for the inconvenience? You could pretend to give a sh*t.”

“If you don’t have your bag in 5-7 days please reach out to us.”

She said that!!!!

Let’s recap.

Lost the Yankees - check.

No more golf - check.

Sleep depraved like you wouldn’t believe - check.

And my bag is on a trip without me - check.

Old Mellencamp nailed that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie