Family First

Daniel Hudson is a pitcher for the Washington Nationals.

He didn’t make it to work on Friday because his wife was having a baby.

It was Game 1 of the NLCS...

...an important game, by all means.

The story should end there. The guy did what he was supposed to do.

Family first, right?

But people have to chime in and tell him he did the wrong thing. An ex-front office manager for the Marlins, David Samson, said that unless there was a problem of sorts, Hudson belonged with his team.

What a dope.

Seeing my children being born was absolutely amazing. Wouldn’t have missed that for the world. Can’t ever forget any of it.

I remember walking out of the hospital that day knowing that the world had changed somehow. For weeks, I walked around in a fog.

I can’t imagine having missed that for work.

I’m sure that Daniel Hudson’s teammates understood it. He’s a relief pitcher. He’s gonna get one inning max.

As it turned out, the Nationals didn’t need him, and they won the game.

Hudson, the new daddy was back with the team in time for Saturday’s game.

Still, there were more than a few others on Twitter who ripped Hudson:

“Men are soft now. In the good old days, men waited in the bar and women delivered the kids. A man’s job is to work!”

In the end, it’s between Hudson and his family.

If I had missed the birth of my children I’m sure Kathy would’ve been a little peeved...

...but I would’ve been the real loser in that situation...

...because I would have missed an amazing moment.

And those don’t come around every day.

Even if you play baseball for a living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie