39 Degrees

There was a heavy layer of frost and I shivered mightily as I headed for the car because my freaking light jacket was in the car.

I turned the key and the car came to life:

7:11 a.m. - 39

The 39 represents the degrees.

“Damn.”

Now, it warmed up nicely and the sun was shining all day. October is like that.

It can be cold. There’s a possibility of heavy snow. Or it can be 70.

It’s also a pretty month and since I was born on a crisp fall day back in the October of ‘64...

...well, it’s a lovely month.

Twitter had a little exchange going on. A ranking of the best month.

October came in first, but the guy who made the list had November in the #3 slot.

No.

So, I decided to make my own list of the best months - last to first.

12). February - February sucks.

11). January - January sucks too. There’s an optimism for the new year, but it only lasts for about 4 days.

10). November - I like Thanksgiving but the cold is settling in. Makes me sad.

9). April - Baseball begins which is awesome, but there are off-days and there’s too much rain.

8). December - I enjoy Christmas for about 20 minutes. It’s cold. It’s busy, and it’s cold.

7). March - Mud everywhere. Bad memories, but March Madness saves it. Kathy’s Birthday too, but if it’s during Madness, we miss it.

6). September - It’s starting to turn. Work is always really busy and I remember the dread of school starting.

5). May - I love Memorial Day Weekend. Baseball is starting to get good. Golf swing is coming around.

4). October - yes, the great and unmatched wisdom came alive in ‘64, but it MIGHT snow.

3). August - Sunny days. Golf tournaments. Work is fun because the heat feels great.

2). July - The 4th has been depressing these last couple of years because of the whole death of democracy thing, but the rest of the month is awesome.

1). June - Jake & Sam were born in June. So was Jeff. Great memories. Golf, hoops, beers, parties. Sun and golf. Way better than snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie