The Big Cookie

Took the day off for my birthday.

I heard it said that you have to celebrate the unusual days because there are so many routine days.

And I wanted a day of rest.

Stayed in bed for a little while because I had to respond to text messages because the Yankees lost on Thursday night so all of my great friends have to send me messages to rub it in.

Then there are the birthday wishes texts and Facebook posts.

Man!

I’m blessed that there are so many, but I need to answer each one.

“Just wait until the end of the day and send a mass thank-you,” Kathy said.

She doesn’t get OCD.

So, I answered them all and then took the dogs for the ride, and watched a movie.

I’m 55! That’s a good morning.

I really wanted to stay away from politics...

...needed to listen to a little Bruce...

...and wanted dinner with Mom.

The place to go on a Friday night is North Collins!

3-Star is a great place for fish fry or a seafood platter.

I had scallops, shrimp and broiled fish with about 4 different sides.

I wondered about a cake, but there was precious little movement around the kitchen area of our house.

“I know!” I said. “The big cookie with ice cream from Outback.”

I saw a few old North Collins friends, saw the Renaldos. Had a few laughs.

By the time I arrived home the Yankees were down 1-0.

DJ the hitting machine led off the game with a homer.

Three batters later they were up 4-1.

And Big Maple took it from there.

“They don’t lose on my birthday,” I told anyone who’d listen.

And to my buddy Chris who’s a fan of the Mets...

...”And the Mets don’t play on my birthday!”

The big cookie was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie