A Feeling of Relief

The Trump presidency is over.

You heard it here first.

It hit me on Saturday as I read through some of his manically insane tweets.

It’s done.

Stick a fork in him.

Of course, it can’t possibly be that simple. There will be a lot of hand-wringing, threats, lies and crazy accusations.

It really was on full display all day Monday, and as he understands the gravity of his crimes, it’ll get worse.

He threatened a civil war.

He declared that the whistleblower was a spy and that the man investigating him was guilty of treason.

Yet, the leakers are leaking and those who have pretended to back him are knuckling under the pressure...

...and there was a moment on Saturday when a single two-word thought crashed into my brain.

“It’s over.”

A couple of my buddies texted me.

“Can you believe all this?” One of them asked.

“He will not be president by Halloween,” I responded, and I honestly believe that.

The impeachment may not come that quickly, but I believe that he will resign.

To save himself from jail.

Pence may even pardon him...

...and at one time, I wouldn’t have actually been good with that, but now?

Now...

...I just want him gone.

I’m not the only one.

A whole bunch of people want it done.

No more nastiness.

No more hate strewn about.

Halloween.

You heard it here first.

Phew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie