Baseball ⚾️ Playoffs ⚾️

There’s nothing like the anticipation of each pitch in a baseball playoff game.

On Monday there were 4 straight games on. I listened to the first one on the radio.

It’s the only sport that really works on the radio because you can see it clearly. There are actually days throughout the year when I’ll put a Pirates-Reds game in and listen.

Of course, I’ve always loved the sport, but there are a lot of people who will complain:

“Baseball is boring!”

And I suppose it can be if you don’t follow it closely. For me, it’s a long season of matchups because I know virtually every player on every team.

One game leads to the next.

Each game affects the next one. Want to use 3 relievers to close out games on Monday and Tuesday? You’ll pay for it on Wednesday.

They have like 18 days off and play 162.

Physical and mental endurance.

But nothing like the playoffs.

The Yankees played superbly in sweeping away a good hitting Minnesota team. They held them to 7 runs in 3 games.

They have plenty of pitching!

I was a tad tired on Tuesday.

The Yankees played the late game on Monday - 8:40 start - they were comfortably ahead and had their beat relievers going, but I can’t go to sleep until the last out is in the books.

5 hours of sleep doesn’t work when you’re 55.

“At least you don’t have to worry about watching the games during the week,” Kathy said.

But I was right back at it at 7 p.m on Tuesday.

Verlander got slapped around by the pesky Rays.

I’m praying for a Game 5 that goes 47 innings because the Yankees get the winner.

One game affects the next!

In the late 90’s I hardly slept in October...

...Yankees fans have suffered long enough.

Let’s go!!

Two game 5’s on Wednesday...

...I want the Cards and Nationals

(Sorry Larry...I can’t put up with that tomahawk chop).

Doesn’t matter, though...

...the Yankees are ready...

...so am I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie