Great Job, Champ!

I’m reading the new John Grisham book, ‘The Guardians’ on my phone.

The book is good, but now, every two days, I get a message, from my phone, that I’ve ‘reached my reading goal’ for the day.

On Saturday, I got a congratulatory message because I had made my quota for the week.

Go me!

The thing is that we can’t do anything anymore without someone asking us how everything went for us.

There’s a truck in front of us:

“How am I driving? Call 1-800.”

Has anyone ever called that number to say:

“Your driver is exceptional”?

It’s not only there.

Go to the post office. After the spiel that they give every single customer they hand you the half-a-mile receipt and let us know:

“There’s a little survey for you to fill out to let us know how your experience was.”

Seriously?

Everyone is in a constant search for instant approval.

“How was our service?”

“If you liked your waitress, tell us.”

“Go on line and write us a review!”

My God!!

I read a lot of books.

I don’t need someone to tell me that I’m reading enough, I’m getting enough steps, and my screen time was down.

Leave me alone!

If I don’t write you a nasty note (like I did to Southwest last week) you can rest assured that everything went all right.

I’m not going to fill out a comment card, won’t write you a congratulatory letter for excellent service and don’t care if your internet scores are great.

However, rest assured, I have reached my reading goals this week.

Will probably make it next week too.

Now about that heart rate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie