So, He’s In

Here’s what I don’t get about the media and the political game.

Bart O’Kavanaugh is in, and there was great hand-wringing on the left and extreme happiness on the right. I was teaching a class where a guy stood up and said:

“36 years ago! Who would believe any of that!!”

And that’s where the argument went and stayed.

He was approved as a guy who may have done something very nasty, but it wasn’t proven.

I kind of stopped listening to that battle immediately after watching him testify.

‘Cause he was a lying creep.

He drank like that. He was that disrespectful to women. Ford’s story will go down as unsubstantiated, and maybe it should, but what was substantiated was that he certainly was okay with lying about a bunch of things:

Under oath.

That disqualified him in my mind.

Yet, here we are.

I remember watching the Clinton deposition all those years ago. I recall thinking:

“He’s lying.”

When he started debating what the definition of ‘is’ is, I was done with him. I never looked at him the same way.

Lying is horrendous.

I can’t stand to look at lying liars and I hate hearing the lies they tell.

(Guess following the political game is something I shouldn’t do)

And good old Bart O’Kavanaugh May have actually benefitted from those women coming forward because the country debated that story from 36 years ago and stopped debating him.

He’s a creepy dude and he lied.

A lot.

“I got your guy’s backs,” one college roommate texted a group of us college friends the other day. “If you ever run for Supreme Court Justice, I’ll be there to lie for you.”

So, I guess I have that going for me...

...thing is, I’d like to think I’d be more of a man than that.

I wouldn’t lie like that.

I know that much is true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie