Kanye In the Oval Office

“What about what Clinton did?”

That was the standard response by those who were trying to defend the Kanye West tantrum in the Oval Office on Thursday.

I happened to hear the entire thing on one of the news channels. To me, it sounded like one of the fake preachers that you might hear in Times Square.

He went from Hillary to the super power from his hat to a hydrogen plane, to the guns in Chicago to holy crap...until he dropped a M-fer.

He was invited to talk about prison reform!

Now, I know that qualifications are optional for a lot of the government positions now, but is he qualified to somehow get to the bottom of the problem?

You heard a whole lot about “innocent until proven guilty” but you don’t hear much of that when a poor defendant gets a high cash bail set, and then sits in prison until the trial.

In his entire 10-minute rant, Ye (as he now wants to be called) never said word one about the men and women who received long sentences for pot offenses.

I was horrified in listening to it...

...later I saw the video of it.

Trump sat at rapt attention and was nodding along as if it was amazing.

The twitter response was pretty swift.

“Ye is in need of intervention. He has mental problems and we should all feel sorry for him.”

He was on SNL the week before and he terrified the cast. He also went on a rant about abolishing slavery laws.

Yeah.

There’s an idea.

Slavery was such a tremdous success the first time. You know who hated slavery the most?

The slaves!

Now, I may be out of touch. I wouldn’t know Kanye from Ye to 50 Cent or Jay Z.

I don’t partake in that “music”.

So, I went to my boys, who like that art form.

“What did you think of Kanye?” I asked Jake.

“He’s bat shit crazy,” Jake answered.

“Why does Trump hang out with him?” I asked.

“Because Kanye said he likes him. Trump would befriend a rat if it smiled at him.”

I laughed.

So, there’s word out there that Trump is looking for the young vote, or the black vote by courting Ye.

“Those two deserve each other,” Jake said, to close the subject.

That about sums it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie